American Municipal Power — providing reliable and responsive energy solutions since 1971
American Municipal Power, Inc. (AMP) was founded in 1971 when a group of municipally owned electric systems joined forces to ensure affordability and increase the reliability of power supply to benefit their consumer-owners. Today, AMP has grown to serve 134 members across nine states: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, Maryland and member communities of the joint action agency, Delaware Municipal Electric Corporation.
Utilize AMP as your business and community concierge
AMP’s Economic Development Program is dedicated to supporting the vitality of member communities. We champion public power partnerships while vigorously promoting development opportunities to new businesses, companies looking to expand their businesses and to those relocating within the AMP member region. The continued success of AMP member communities reflects a strong partnership and network of support.
Your success is our success
AMP member communities consistently rank in Site Selection Magazine’s TOP 15 for State Business Climate.
- Site selection services
- Demographic research
- Utility cost calculations and savings
- identifying Workforce training opportunities
- Collaborating with local businesses, industry leaders and development professionals
- Connecting with regional, state and local government
- Supporting economic development
- Encouraging capital investment
- Creating new job opportunities through lead generation
- Identifying employment and educational services
- Promoting energy efficiency and sustainability