Come for the Business Environment. Stay for the Lifestyle
Effortless access to nearby metropolitan centers, multiple shovel-ready and move-in-ready sites, a variety of incentive opportunities, and a pool of highly-skilled talent, make Hudson, Ohio the ideal destination for companies interested in growing their business.
The City of Hudson, Ohio has earned a national reputation as one of the best places in the Midwest for employers to do business and for families to live and work. Located just 30 minutes between two major metropolitan areas, Cleveland and Akron, Hudson is a superior community with an exceptional educational system, safe family-oriented neighborhoods, and a skilled, educated workforce.
Multiple opportunities for growth abound in Hudson. From established office parks like West Park Hudson, nestled in the woods on the western edge of the city, less than a mile from I-80, to new developments such as the Hudson Crossing Business Park whose first tenants broke ground in the fall of 2010, and the Seasons Road Commerce Center, planned for the spring of 2011. This eco-industrial commercial center will have easy access to Route OH-8 via the new interchange, which opened in February of 2010.
With an array of support programs to ease the transition and encourage growth, the City’s Economic Development Department is ready to help make Hudson, Ohio your new hometown headquarters.
Major employers in Hudson
- Allstate Insurance helps people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life’s uncertainties and to prepare them for the future.
- Jo Ann Stores, Inc., the nation’s largest specialty retailer of fabrics and one of the largest specialty retailers of crafts.
- Windstream Communications, Inc. provides high-speed broadband Internet, phone service and Digital TV packages to residential customers as well as products and services for small, medium and large businesses, and government agencies.
- Lexi-Comp, Inc. is an industry-leading provider of drug information and clinical content for the healthcare industry.
- The Little Tikes Company, a multi-national manufacturer and marketer of high-quality, innovative children’s products.
Higher Education available within 35 miles of Hudson:
- Case Western Reserve University, a leader among independent research universities, offers world-class academic programs in Cleveland’s culturally vibrant University Circle.
- John Carroll University, well recognized as a superior, private, educational institution that prepares graduates for productive employment, leadership and service in Northeast Ohio and around the globe.
- Kent State University is home to the Liquid Crystal Institute, a center for basic and applied liquid crystal research that has resulted in creative partnerships with industry and the invention of new types of liquid crystal devices.
- Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy (NEOUCoM), a community-based, public institution focused on the interprofessional training of health professionals.
- The University of Akron, a leader in community, industry, and higher education partnerships through organizations like its world renowned Institute of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering.