Virginia: Best state for business
Only a few locations can guarantee the right combination of resources that are crucial to your business’ success. Virginia is one of those locations. The Commonwealth of Virginia’s unique combination of assets include: available resources, quality workforce, excellent education system, strong transportation infrastructure, access to markets and a superb quality of life.
- No tax on intangible property, manufacturers’ inventory, furniture or fixtures
- Low cost of operation
- A great location – midway between New York and Florida via Interstate 95
- 5,000 miles of coastal shoreline
- 38 percent of the population has a bachelor’s degree or higher, making the Commonwealth the sixth most educated state in the country
- Ranked number one in America for both talent and education by CNBC, Virginia continues to raise the bar when it comes to talent development. Programs such as the Virginia Talent Accelerator Program and the Tech Talent Investment Program make sure Virginians are prepared for the jobs of today and the future.
The state of Virginia’s pro-business climate offers: a streamlined permitting process, a 6 percent corporate income tax rate. They have been ranked by CNBC as the Top State for Business and by Forbes as the Best State for Business.
Virginia AMP member communities
In addition to the strong location advantages of Virginia, businesses that locate in AMP member communities enjoy a diverse mix of reliable electric power supply at affordable rates with a voice in local policies.
To learn more about each AMP member community in Virginia, please click on the links within the community quick links section or contact us.